Monday, March 2, 2015

IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE AND HAVE FUN!!!




The best part about Sherri Baldy and My Besties, is that there's something new and exciting always happening.  
Today's post comes with a ton of excitement and and abundance of love because I have been asked to be apart of Sherri's personal blog team as a contributor and team coordinator...Oh my can you hear my excitement?
Every Monday I will be posting something new and wonderful showcasing her beautiful hand drawn art


To get the show started I have used this image which can be purchased at the ETSY Shop by clicking here
She is a cutie that I have paper pieced her dress using Simple Stories Summer Fresh paper line 


This digital image was printed at 3x4 allowing me to make a 6x6 card 


My favorite part of this image was coloring her hair.  I have used the above listed Copic Markers and when it came time to do the ponytails I use the tip to paper technique creating clusters of dots.  I did a few extra just to make her pony tails stand out even more


The above colors listed are Copic Markers.  I used a chalk to color her cute cheeks


I cannot tell you how happy I am with how she turned out.  I really love how vibrant and alive the image becomes when Copic Markers are used.

March is the kick off for the blog, it's National Craft Month and Sherri has announced that her sponsor program is up and taking request.  If you are interested in having My Besties sponsor you blog challenges send your email request to:  ShersL84bed@aolcom

I look forward to sharing my projects with you each and every Monday, until then happy crafting








7 comments:

  1. Well done Deirdre your card is amazing luv the image and the colours.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a cute job on this cutie-pie. I look forward to more of your work with Sherri's lovely digis.
    xo Nana April

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness your card is just adorable. Love the colors and your coloring is just awesome. This image is absolutely adorable!
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dieirdre. Congrats and how exciting. I am so happy for you. And I am absolutely loving this adorable card. I love paper piecing and you made such a fun and fabulous creation. Can't wait to see next weeks. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very much Ladies....I look forward to doing so many more projects...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, great job and congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and colourful card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete